Bachelor of Computer Science
The proposed Bachelor's degree enables students to understand and master all areas of computer science in order to be quickly operational while possessing great capacity for evolution in the computer science profession.
Organised over 3 years, from L1 to L3, the degree offers :
- fundamental lessons computer science and scientists as well as the teachings of pre-professionalization (oral communication, English language, professional integration modules);
- additional technical education increasingly specialized as you progress through the semesters.
Fundamental courses provide the basics of computer science and all the knowledge needed for the computer science profession. Complementary subjects, chosen by the student (L3 pathway), provide a solid grounding in the new technologies of web and mobile development, optimisation and planning, networks and telecommunications, etc. Throughout the course, students will be able to work towards their career plans and/or further studies.
Students can choose to continue their studies in a Master's degree such as the one offered by the University of Avignon in Computer Science, or opt for a professional exit at the end of the 2nd year.
At the end of the first year, the student can decide to go on to the second year of the University's mathematics degree.
In the third year, students can choose to follow one of the two courses offered:
- Software Engineering (SE)
- SYstèmes et Réseaux (SYR)
In addition, students have the possibility of doing their third year (L3) in alternation or to continue their training in the initial cycle with a compulsory internship of at least 4 weeks.
Target skills and opportunities
The main objective of the Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is to lead students to a Master's degree in Computer Science. In the first and second year the following skills are expected:
- Analyse, decompose and model a problem in order to create computer applications in common programming languages.
- Know how to reason logically and rigorously to answer technical and scientific questions.
- To know the models and concepts of the functional elements of a connected IT system in order to understand in depth the IT solutions and to be able to adapt to technological evolutions or to innovate.
- Communicate and collaborate in a professional environment with the actors of an IT project.
Depending on the path chosen in the 3rd year, the following specific competences complement the previous ones:
- IL (Software Engineering course): Mastering advanced software engineering methods, to integrate, participate or manage a large-scale IT project.
- SYR (course SYstèmes & Réseaux informatiques) : Administer and operate network and system infrastructures to ensure their proper functioning and optimise their performance.
Joint IL and SYR outlets :
- computer support technician
- computer operations technician
- microcomputer maintenance technician
- technical support hotline (hardware/software)
- technician in production and operation of information systems
- assistant project manager
Opportunities IL :
- software developer
- computer tester
- web developer
SYR opportunities :
- network maintenance technician
- system maintenance technician
Graduates can apply for civil service competitions for positions as design engineers or assistant engineers.
One third of the Bachelor's course consists of lectures given in amphitheatre to the whole class. The other two-thirds are divided between tutorials and practical work, for which the students are divided into the following groups in small groups of up to 24 students according to the teaching units for a better control.